So you can finally cross “Getting Published” off your bucket list. Fantastic!
You need readers for your book. The prospects of marketing are more daunting that you first imagined. All your friends and family have purchased a copy…and sales have stalled. If you are looking for a way to market your book without investing any money, just a little time, then read on.
I’m putting together a group of dedicated authors who are interested in increasing their readership base, have a blog, and have at least two (2) forms of social media forums. If you request to be a part of this group, here is what is expected of you:
1. You will be interviewed about you, your book and writing in general. Each author will receive a list of questions generated by me that will fit your book and mission.
2. You will have two weeks to answer those questions and return them to me. Sooner is better, but life is busy, I know
3. Here’s the meat of this plan: Each time an author’s interview goes live on my website, you will receive an email. Post a link to that interview 2x’s a week for 2 weeks on all of your social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumbler…whatever.
4. Committing to this group will keep you posting these links from March 2014 until February 2015. Anyone who does not continue to share posts, will be removed from the group. Sounds harsh, but think about it – you have your interview and see and increase in sales and blog visits and then you do nothing to help the next in line. Not fair. Pay it forward. Keep the momentum going. It doesn’t take long to post on a few networks, and the results for you and the other authors is invaluable. If we fill the calendar, there will be 24 (plus me, that’s 25) authors who will share your interview, book, and links to purchase on all their social media. That has great potential.
5. Send me a copy of your book, either hardcopy or a link to download the ebook version. (I’ll send you my contact info once you are accepted into the group.) I would like to read the books before I send you questions so each interview is personalized and unique.
The goal of this is to help all of us reach a wider base of potential readers. Potential for increased sales and blog followers in amazing. I took part in a similar author panel last year and have made some wonderful connections.
If you are interested, comment on this post with your name, the name of your book, and a link to your blog.
Then send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name and contact info. Include the back cover blurb of your book, a link to where it’s sold, and what genre it is. I won’t interview authors who write erotica, include intense violence in their novels, or use vulgar curse words. Yep, I’m old fashioned. I also have a blog that I’m proud to have my children read. My audience is young at heart and simply young. This blog will remain a safe environment for them.
If you have any questions, ask them in the Comments area. I’ll answer them as quickly as I can.
Blessings to you!